A Beginner skill level don't assume any quilting knowledge at all. You'll need to know how to use a sewing machine before you start an SCQ Beginner pattern, but that's about it! You can learn everything else from the tutorials below. (Get stuck along the way? Send me a message on Instagram and I'll help you through!)
Want to make sure that you're ready to tackle a pattern? Each SCQ pattern contains a list of Required Skills. Find tutorials for "Beginner" skills below.
The list below will grow as the SCQ pattern library expands.
Beginner Quilting Tutorials
- Quilting Tools for Beginners - Coming Soon!
- How to Choose Quilting Fabric - Coming Soon!
Making a Quilt Top
Finishing a Quilt
- How to Baste a Quilt
- How to Hand Quilt
- How to Machine Quilt - by SuzyQuilts, external link
- Bhiravi's Note: I haven't created my own tutorial on how to machine quilt yet. In the meanwhile, I think this option from SuzyQuilts is pretty great!
- How to Hand-Bind a Quilt
- How to Machine Bind a Quilt